In our endeavour to promote greater public confidence and recognition towards our members, the following Code of Self-Regulation/Standard of Practice are pre-conditions for memberships with MDDA, whether upon application or after approval, abiding by not only the literal meaning but also the spirits.
ABIDING BY GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND DIRECTIVES
It is the duty and responsibility of ALL categories of MDDA members, to be pro-actively familiar with, to be consistently seeking to be updated, and to be forthright in complying with all Government regulations and directives currently in force.
CARE FOR THE CONSUMER
It is the customers that ultimately pay for the goods or services, therefore they have the right:
- To ask from the distributor his authorisation document of the company he represents.
- To be able to enjoy their own privacy and leisure hours as they deem fit.
- To be entitled to a cooling-off period of 10 working days for each transaction valued RM300.00 and higher.
- To be entitled to a duplicate copy of any document they signed.
- To be entitled to a full inspection of a sample of the goods offered.
ADEQUATELY TRAINED INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTORS & STOCKISTS
It is the independent distributor who is in direct contact with the consumers when promoting the products, and in direct contact with the public when promoting the business thus there must be clear policies, adequate trainings and good control on:
- Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct (for both distributors and stockists)
- Product satisfaction guarantee and individual warranties (for customers)
- Product buy-back policy (for distributors and stockists)
- Marketing plan and Stockistship System
- Other documents carried by the distributor and stockiest, including product literatures, promotion brochures, campaign leaflets etc.
SINCERE AND TRUTHFUL COMPANY MANAGEMENT
- Self-regulating and excellent direct selling companies are always:
- Sincere in running a highly responsive Management Team.
- Sincere in wanting to fulfill the needs of consumers, by offering products or services that are of good but realistic values in terms of quality and price.
- Sincere in wanting to solve complaints from their consumers and distributors, by handling them promptly and fairly.
- Truthful and ethical in the products and services offered, as to the ingredients, grade, quality, worth, composition, performance, benefits and claims; for all labels, promotional and advertising materials.